In Germany, where Webtrekk is headquartered, personal data may not be processed without the consent of the user (Information and Communication Services Act, Article 2). Webtrekk considers the protection of Internet user data privacy to be of utmost importance, and adheres strictly to the data privacy laws of the European Union and Germany. Some data from website visits is used for our internal analysis. The collection of Internet user data occurs via a pixel that is built into each of the pages of our website.
The individual address of the Internet user is unknown.
No data to third parties
Webtrekk does not pass any data on to third parties.
The IP address is sent with every request, so that the server knows where to send its responses. Each Internet user attains an IP address from an Internet service provider (ISP) as soon as they connect to the Internet. The ISP knows which IP addresses were used at which time and by which Internet user. The law requires that the ISP retains this information.
Webtrekk does not save the IP Address. We immediately shorten the IP address for session recognition and the geographic analyses in our tool. Then we delete the IP address. It is not possible to link our data with any individual person or to identify any individual person with our data.
The geographical analyses function via a database that contains the IP address information of various ISPs with the geographic location of the IP address included down to the city level. The individual address of the Internet user is unknown.
Cookies are small text files set on the hard drive of an Internet user by their browser when they visit a website. Most of the cookies Webtrekk sets are so-called „session cookies“. These cookies do not cause any harm to the Internet user’s hard drive and do not contain any viruses. This data cannot be associated with individual people.
Webtrekk uses the following cookies:
• Last click (used for session timeout; duration is a session)
• Session cookie (used for session recognition; duration is a session)
• Ever cookie (used for recognition of new and returning visitors; duration is six months)
In your Browser settings, you can determine if cookies may be set or not.
Disclaimer for Data Storage
According to the German Media Act §15, Internet users may prohibit the future tracking and storage of their Internet visit data. To be excluded from tracking while on the Webtrekk website, a cookie called webtrekkOptOut can be set from the domain webtrekk.net. This exclusion from tracking is only good so long as the webtrekk OptOut cookie is not deleted.
To prevent further tracking of your activity on this website, please click here.
The following data is collected:
• Request (file name of the requested file)
• Browser type and its version (for example, Mozilla Firefox 33.0, Internet Explorer 10, etc.)
• Browser language (for example, English)
• Operating system
• Browser resolution
• Screen resolution
• Java: ‚On‘ or ‚Off‘
• Cookies: ‚On‘ or ‚Off‘
• Color depth
• Referrer URL
• Shortened IP address for geographical analysis to the city level
• E-commerce information such as order value, products, quantity, etc.
• Form content: Free text fields such as Name, Email, Account Number and Phone Number are tracked as ‚completed‘ or ‚empty‘. The actual values are not tracked.